Wednesday, July 31, 2013

DUMB THINGS - PAUL KELLY

If you haven't heard Paul Kelly yet, you have to check him out.  We don't see that much of him here because he's an Aussie.  Check out this video and GET READY TO HAVE SOME FUN !  It takes a little practice to master the quick chord changes and matching words to music, but well worth it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xzs1vfjQJA

Dumb Things - Paul Kelly

Am  Em   Am  Em   Am  Em   Am C G D

Am      Em       Am     Em
Welcome stranger to the show
Am      Em          Am      C   G       D
I'm the one who should be ly-ing low
Am      Em                 Am        Em
Saw the knives out, turned my back
Am                    Em
Heard the train coming
Am       C  G         D
stayed out on the track


Chorus

F                      C
In the middle, in the middle
Em                          F       G
In the middle of a dream
  Am      Em          F                  C
I lost my shirt, I pawned my rings
G              D          Am     Em
I've done all the dumb things

Am  Em  Am  Em  Am  Em  Am C G D


Verse 2
Am             Em    Am          Em
Caught the fever, heard the tune
Am            Em            Am           C         G          D
Thought I loved him,  thought I could do no wrong
Am        Em        Am           Em
Started howling, made no sense
Am             Em         Am     C          G       D
Thought my friends would come to my defense

Chorus

Am        Em          Am      Em
And I get all your good advice
Am                           Em      Am       C      G         D 
Don't stop me from going through these things twice
Am         Em              Am           Em
I see the knives out,   I turn my back
Am                 Em         Am   C      G       D
 hear the train coming, I stay out on the track

Chorus

Am       Em     F            C
I melted wax to fix my wings
G        D               Am    Em
I’ve done all the dumb things
Am         Em    F          C
I threw my hat into the ring
G      D                  Am     Em
I’ve done all the dumb things
Am             Em     F           C
I thought that I just had to sing
G    D            Am           Em
I've done all the dumb things

  Am  Em  Am  Em  Am C G D
Ends with single strum of Am

No comments:

Post a Comment