Friday, August 30, 2013

SINGIN' IN THE DARK - BROOKS WILLIAMS

SINGIN' IN THE DARK - BROOKS WILLIAMS
I don't know if you've heard brooks yet, but he is a master guitarist, living in the Noho area to the best of my knowledge.  I LOVE many of his songs, but they are not in my key, so I can't really sing along, and I can't hold a candle to his talent and mastery.  But that has not stopped me from dumbing down his music so that I can play and sing some.
You can watch Mark Carter play the song here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D11R-XiFao
(Nice Job Mark : )

Capo 2nd fret

Em                D              Am              C
Singin in the dark   In a cold prison cell
G              D
A simple song of praise  Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Em                C
Sorrow Serenade
A                    C            A , C                           Am     Em
Drop a bucket in a well         Come & fill my empty heart
                      D               Am               C
Singin in the dark  And leave it all behind
G                 D
There is no other way    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Em                      C
Is nothing left to say
A                             C              A  C
Throw a drowning man a line 
                                 Am      Em
Come and save my drifting heart  
Am                             G                                             C
Jailor taunts me for a song   But my voice is nearly gone
                                    D                                                   Am
with what voice I can find   song will ease this troubled mind
                       C                            Em
this troubled mind   this troubled mind

(ins.)
Em                 D         Am                                         C
Singin in the dark  I break the chains that keep me here
G                       D 
Break my heart open wide, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Em                C       A                              C
Open up my eyes   Chains of love for chains of fear
A                            C                  A  C                                 Am       Em
Chains of love for chains of fear         Come and free my captive heart

(ins.)

D    Am     C     D  Em


No comments:

Post a Comment